Happy Blog Day people! Yes, in case you were unaware, today, August 31st, is officially Blog Day 2008. Basically its a day for bloggers to celebrate other bloggers, to discover new blogs and share these discoveries with others. Doesnt that just sound like a splendid idea? I thought so, which is why I'm participating. There are, of course, posting instructions:
1. Find 5 new Blogs that you find interesting
2. Notify the 5 bloggers that you are recommending them as part of BlogDay 2008
3. Write a short description of the Blogs and place a link to the recommended Blogs
4. Post the BlogDay Post (on August 31st)
5. Link to the Blog Day website
So, the link mentioned in #5 is right up there ( go on, go check it out... ) so basically I had to go out and find five new blogs that I liked and wanted to share. Not necessarily an easy task, but a very interesting one. How do you decide who to choose do you ask ? Well I'm a member of 20 Something Bloggers so I thought i'd start there. I know its sounds superficial, but i used the blog avatars to decide what to read. That is, if you had an interesting or cute avatar, or a pciture of yourself in which you were pulling some quizzical impression, or you were just plain good looking - i opened up your page, clicked on your blog, and checked you out. The only other thing i went off intially was if the name of your blog amused me. So there you go - potentially shallow, but the next five blogs were chosen completely on the merit of their content. Read on ( and by that I mean read what I've said, and then go check the blogs out for yourself! ):
1. WildARSChase - okay, so this one isnt exactly brand new because I've had it on my blog roll for a few weeks. However, its a great blog so I choose to add it. Andy writes about, well, anything and everything, and so far its all been funny. I really click with Andy's sense of humour, whether he's disecting a past relationship ( co-blogging with his ex mind you ... ), reminiscing about awesome 90's TV, or trying to pass himself off as the boyfriend of an Olympic gymnast ( if i write " Alicia Sacramone " i wonder if my readership will go up too ? ). You want a lighter side to your day, go check this one out.
2. Like Spinning Plates - it was an avatar featuring a picture of my heroine, Audrey Hepburn, that drew me to this blog. I checked it out and found E, a woman who has just moved houses, started a new job and is trying to figure her shit out. She's in a state of transition, kind of like my good self. And if she likes Audrey, well she's alright with me.
3. Holden Caulfield Etc - the picture of Matt as featured in his avatar looks like he's giving you a cheeky wink ( cute! ) and he namechecks one of modern literature's cult heroes in his blog title ? Of course I was going to take a closer look. Turns out the avatar is a picture of his new buzzcut, but also that he's quite articulate, socially concerned and witty. I like that in a blog.
4. Late Bloomers Revelations - first off, her screen name is listed as ThatShortChick and her avatar is a picture of cute zebra print flats. I am also a short chick, and I love cute zebra print flats. I had a sneaking suspicion we may have been kindred spirits. Turns out I could be on to something - of what I've read of her blog, she's made a few lists and seems to like talking about celebrities. I like that stuff too! Ooh, and she does surveys - everyone loves a survey!
5. Starting Over at 24 - so the guy writing this blog blanks out his eyes and goes by the code name So@24 (what an enigma .... ) but his smile reminded me of a guy I once dated. His blog appears to be a guys perspective on dating, romantic mishaps and other everyday type stuff. So basically his a mysterious single guy with a nice smile, writing about the hardships of love in a mans world. I could use a guys perspective in that department right now....
So there you go ladies and gents. Five new blogs, five new people to get to know, five more things to distract me over breakfast. That better not make me late for work tomorrow....