Friday, January 29, 2010

Joining the Operation and Accepting an Award

Once in a while other, more interesting blog writers than myself come up with an idea that strikes a cord with others. This time a really wonderful writer, Holly over at Mama Dearest/Domestic Goddess, has come up with what she has decided to call " Operation Think Happy ". What is this operation, you ask ? Well, its basically just a promise to make regular posts about things that have made you happy; Holly is going to make her list every Thursday and i'm going to ( try ) and make mine every weekend. What better way to finish a week than to look back at the things that made you smile over the preceding 7 days ?
* My post pregnancy boobies - ok sure they sometimes get tingly, hard as a rock and leaky, but boy do they look good!


* Flynns new found smiles - my boy gave us his first smiles this week. He does this little smirk thing out of one side of his mouth and then throws his head back and has a huge open mouth, like he's laughing with out sound. Too, too sweet....


*Caramel Tim Tams, straight outta the fridge - chocolate coated chocolate biscuits with a chewy caramel centre. Yes please.... a little bit of happiness at my finger tips.


* Black shorts - or, more precisely, finally finding a pair of black shorts that were the right length, right price and that flattered my mummy tummy.


* Getting out of bed to find that Mr Gil has sorted all the dirty laundry - and was in the process of washing it all too. What a good fiance/daddy!


* " Burn Your Name ", by Powderfinger - still absolutely loving this song and everytime i hear it it makes me smile....


* A bbq at my parents place - just us and them. I'm happy to admit that Mr Gil and i get along really well with my parents. So much so i think we can say we actually LIKE hanging out with them ( O.M.G ... is that wrong of me ? )


So thats my first contribution to " Operation Think Happy ". And now, onto accepting an award which was given to me by Suzanne Icognito at Incognito Soapbox Confessions. Apparently she thinks i'm a " Kreativ Blogger " :


I dont know how " kreativ " i am - lets face it, i'm not all that good at coming up with new and exciting blog projects or operations of my own - but hey, if she wants to give me an award i will gladly accept it! There is also a meme that is supposed to be done when accepting the award - i have to share 7 things you guys dont yet know about me. Even though that seems like an impossible task ( how long have i been writing this blog, and how much random crap have i already shared ? ) i'll give it a shot. Here goes:

1. I like my tuna sandwiches best when there kind of soggy. Dont drain all the brine or water from the tuna and add lots and lots of avocado!

2. I have a scar in the centre of my hairline from walking into a door when i was little. No, i wasnt drunk - i was only a toddler and learning how to walk and, you know, i lost control and crashed into the hinge of the door. Ouchy McGouchy!

3. I may be 26 but i still love " Sesame Street ". In fact, because its Sunday afternoon and there is zero else to watch on tv, " Sesame Street " happens to be on right now.

4. I think i have too much body hair for a woman. Seriously, i'm one of these poor unfortunate ladies who is a natural brunette and is sadly afflicted with dark body hair. I'm not exactly the bearded lady, but its enough to make me feel decidely unfeminine sometimes...

And thats all i've got. Sorry Suzanne, but i seem to have exhausted my supply of random tidbits a long time ago!

6 comments:

  1. You have a health care worker come to your house?! Man, I wish someone would have come to my house for his two week appointment. That would have been so nice. I was a zombie and I had to put three kids in the car and head to the doctor, whom my daughter is not fond of. She starts SCREAMING every time my doctor says hello to her. It's fabulous. I now leave Claire with daddy while I take Grayson in. That way I can actually hear what the doctor says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. weirdly enough, I also have a scar in my hairline . . . from walking into a parking barrier age 7 (trust me to be the same height as it!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chantal - yes, we have a community health nurse come to our house for the two week check... for the very reason that as a new mum ( and especially if you have other kids! ) its a bit difficult to pack up all your stuff and make it to an appointment on time...

    @Paula - well what a coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. Yes, I imagine it's hard to think of random things when you have that handsome fella to look at! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool post as for me. I'd like to read something more about this matter. Thanx for giving this material.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cool site you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

    Avril Hakkinen

    ReplyDelete