Tuesday, May 10, 2011

30 Days of Music - Days 19 + 20

Well... thank the good freakin' Lord that Blogger is working again! I tried last night and this morning to make a post and it just wasnt happening - much longer and i may have suffered withdrawals. But fear not, because Blogger is back online and so is the 30 Days of Music challenge. Where are we at ?
Day 19 - A song that makes you want to dance
So there are heaps of songs that make me wana dance - old school stuff like " Jailhouse Rock " or " Love Shack ", cheesy 80's pop songs, stuff from my childhood in the 90's. But when i really thought about it i had to go back to the days when i was a pub-rat and spent 4 hrs of a Saturday night on the dancefloor and i settled on this one -
Even though the video clip is typical Euro-trash crap, " Put Your Hands Up For Detroit " was one of my favourite pub/club dancing songs because everyone would get way into it - its a real party song. " Put your hands... put your hands up for Detroit... i love this city! "

Day 20 - A song that makes you wana rock out!
My answer for this prompt had to be a real rock song, not some light-rock crap they try to pass off as rock on the radio sometimes these days ( do i sound older than my 27 years ? ) So whats the best song for rocking with a party full/ car load of your friends?
Oh yea - you know, i know it, anyone who's ever heard it knows it - this song rocks! How can you not rock out to the chorus? Go on, try it... you cant not!

4 comments:

  1. I don't really know the first song - just goes to show you were kicking your heels up about 5 years after me!!! As far as Bon Jovi is concerned, well hell yeah, there really is no way that you cannot scream this song at the top of your lungs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I LOVE both those songs! In fact I had an old Ministry of Sound CD playing on Saturday when I was cleaning and Put Your Hands Up was one of the songs on there. I'm sure if my neighbours saw the way I was dancing in my bathroom they would have though I was having a fit!

    Livin on a Prayer is one of my fav pub songs, one of those ones that everyone gets in to!

    P.S. Thank you for your kind words on my blog. I will def check out babycentre.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both songs awesome choices. Bon Jovi are so good and their concerts are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh brilliant song choices! I have danced to Detroit and sung along badly to Living On A Prayer. Thanks for the reminder, though I get a little shudder when remembering each!
    Cringe
    Gill xo

    ReplyDelete