1. The zoo- for those of you have never heard of Dubbo before, we are home to the biggest open range zoo in the Southern hemisphere. We have ' zoo friend ' passes, which basically means we can visit the zoo every single day of the year if we like. I take the kids at least once a fortnight - we pack some morning tea, pick a few animals to visit and get out of the house.
2. The amenities - yes, I would love it if Dubbo were just that little bit closer to Sydney for all the big events, but we have some great facilities out here. We have plenty of schools, both public and private; both a public and private hospital; fantastic sporting ovals, with a premier athletics complex being planned; and a theatre and convention centre that is starting to host respectable mainstream acts like Guy Sebastian, Jimeon and The Wiggles (!)
3. Proximity to family - everyone in my immediate family ( on my side anyway ) lives within a 10 minute drive of my house. That may sound like a nightmare to some of you but for a supportive,m loving family like mine its great to be able to be so close to each other. And, as you know, we are soon to move in with my parents so we'll be even closer!
4. The playgrounds - it may not sound like much, but there are some really good playgrounds in town, plus an indoor play centre. When you have a very active 3 year old, playgrounds rate a mention! And, just like Daisy, we even have one with ducks!
5. The ease of living - not just the cost of living, which is of course much cheaper than a big city, but how comfortable it. What I mean is that there is no long haul daily commute; you can buy pretty much everything you need right here ( though yes, you can loads of it cheaper on the net ); there are some great resturants and eateries with more cropping up all over the place; and most educational and medical needs can be met with no fuss.
So, there you go - my view of DubVegas in a nutshell! Have you ever visited Dubbo? What did you think? What do you like about the place you live?
Its Tuesday, so link up with IBOT over at EssentiallyJess!