Friday, May 28, 2010

My Inaugural Friday Flip-Off

Hello there reader-people. Today i take part in a great little initiative that i found via Sian at Pumpkin and Piglet ( although it is the brainchild of Gigi at Kludgy Mum ). Its called Friday Flip-Off - its basically a weekly outlet of rage. You know, so we dont take our shit out on our nearest and dearest. So sit back, relax, and enjoy my end of week rant.

To the common cold - you've managed to infect everybody in my house, including my little bubba. This has meant little sleep, lots of crying ( on my behalf aswell as bubs ) and itchy, scratchy sore throats... flip off!

To the selectors of the NSW rugby league team - i am sick to the death of you people. Seriously. Could you please stop picking players out of position and start picking some players with a bit of passion, regardless of their age ( wink, wink, nudge, nudge Nathan Hindmarsh ). If you persist in stuffing we NSW supporters around, i may just have to move to Victoria and pretend that i dont care anymore. And i dont want that to happen. So get your act together or....flip off!

To people who dont know how to correctly negotiate a roundabout - its not hard. Give way to your right; stick to your own lane; blink off when existing. The next time someone cuts me off or uses their blinker incorrectly, i'm going to give them the finger and tell them to ....flip off!

To my neighbours dog - stop shitting on my lawn. Stop barking in the wees of the morning and when i am trying to get back to sleep after a breastfeed. Stop scampering through my flower bed and kicking the wood chips everywhere. You dirty, mangy, fluffly little mutt....flip off!

To the washing - please stop piling up everywhere. Dirty, clean, doesnt matter - you are taking over my house. I know that technically this is my fault for being all depressed like this week and not being motivated enough to even contemplate washing/folding/putting away, but if you could just learn to wash/fold/put yourself away ( magically ) that would be awesome. Because right now, you're the bane of my existence...flip off!

P.S I dont know how to include the blog hop thingo, so if someone could help me with that for next week, that would be great.
P.P.S Head over to Blog This! and vote for me this week...

10 comments:

  1. Glad you joined in! It's fun isn't it?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great flips. So glad you are joining in. I love reading through everyone else's flips. And I second the laundry!! I love the FFOs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the roundabouts. Some people at those and 4 way stops are just lucky I don't get out and beat the crap out of them. OK, my bark is bigger than my bite, but still. I'm flipping right there with ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! Great flips girlfriend! I LOVE the flip about laundry...I flipped ours off to today! In fact, I'm flipping it off right now by ignoring it and reading your adorable blog instead;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! So glad you came on board with my meme this week. it's fun, isn't it?

    Don't get me started on roundabouts...it baffles some people and I don't get it. Same with some people at 4 way stops. Why is it so hard??!!!

    Come back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I wanna do this too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great idea! and I second the laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clearly a few people reading this will be scratching their heads over it but I am sooo with you on the league selectors. We stand no chance until the lot are fired. I don't understand why we know and they don't - can't believe I forgot to flip them off! I too had trouble adding the link but managed it eventually with "A beautiful Mess" for help. Add the code into the html section of your posting at the end of your writing. Then go back where you started and add yourself in - top line your name, name of your posting or whatever. Second line the full html address of your posting. If that doesn't make sense leave a posting at mine and I'll make contact via email. Happy to pass on Alicia's great help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great flippin....glad you have joined in!! i'm having a mid life crisis w/ the laundry myself!!

    ReplyDelete