Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Operation Slimdown, Mach 2, Week 1

Well, well, well Amy - here we are again. Thats right people, i'm getting back to Operation Slimdown, and this time i'm ramping it up a little. Lets face it, ramping it up a lot - it never really got off the ground the first time and was more wishful thinking than anything but this time i'm jumping back on the "get fit, be healthy " bandwagon and i'm not getting off for nobody! Unless that somebody is cheesecake. Or icecream. As a treat. In moderation. But i digress....

Thats me, the fat girl ( taken yesterday ). My bubble butt only just fits in that swing....

I need to lose weight. I felt like i had plumped up a little but because i dont own a set of scales, i couldnt be sure of by how much. To be honest, i didnt particularly WANT to know - that little set of numbers can be very scary! However, after seeing the few photos we took on our Sydney trip last week i've been scared into looking at all those numbers and doing something abou them. I mean, i'm not obese or anything ( although according to my BMI i am... ) but those photos showed a me that i didnt recognise as "me". I'd seen that girl before, and she wasnt happy....and i dont want to be that girl again.

I know i can do this because i've done it before. Oh yea, i've been a gym junkie: not so long ago i went to the gym 6 days a week and maintained a size 10 figure. Then i met my beloved and spent less time at the gym, and more with him. And a few kilos crept on because i wasnt exercising as much and, besides, he didnt mind if i had a little junk in my trunk so i took a few liberties with the chocolate, and the ice cream, and the yummy, yummy burgers.... and then, i fell pregnant. I didnt put on much during my pregnancy, only 9 kilos, but somehow i have managed to not only NOT lose any of that but put on a handful more kilos aswell. Not happy.

So, inspired by those "fat girl " photos and by the lovely Holly over at Good Golly Miss Holly! ( who is also on a get fit plan ), i've decided the time has come to actually get my bum into gear and get serious about losing some pudge. I've taken my measurements and am going to post them for you all to see ( unlike Holly though I am not brave enough to take bikini pictures and share my cellulite with you. No. Thankyou. ). The numbers are:
Bust: 99cm
Waist : 84.5cm
Hips: 103cm
Bum: 108cm
Thigh: 67cm
Weight: 77.8kgs
*EDIT - i kind of forgot to add my goal weight here! I'd like to be down to 70kgs by Flynns 1st birthday on Dec 27th. Thats 3 months to lose 7.8kgs. 10kgs would be nice ( then i'd be back to my pre-pregnancy weight ) but i'll be happy to see 70kgs....

So thats that. I'm not going on actual "diet", i'm not counting calories and i'm not employing some fancy dietitan or personal trainer. I'm just going to eat smaller portions, have more fruit and more water and increase the exercise from one hour a week to at least half an hour a day. Wish me luck, and tune in next week for an update!

12 comments:

  1. Go girlfriend, let's do this! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be the season for it! This week I also started a health kick - because I found out that it IS actually possible to put on weight while breastfeeding. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just did a similar post myself tonight! Let's do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good on you! i don't own scales either but recently overhauled my diet as well. it's been 2 months of healthy eating; i've cut out sweets and bad carbs so i haven't had rice in 2 months and i only eat multi-grain/whole wheat bread in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon for lunch (ie. sandwich). i hate exercise but so far, my pants are feeling looser and i feel lighter.

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is time to get healthy. I'm planning on doing this myself. I'm tired of looking in the mirror and seeing someone I don't recognize. I used to be a size 9. After Ethan was born I was almost a size 15. Before I got pregnant with Claire, I got down to a size 11, and I haven't made an attempt at weight loss since. It's time. Fruits, veggies and smaller portioned meals are in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, you go girl. The first step is hard. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go girl! I am on the same journey ... I was always fit before I had kids, but hadn't quite lost the baby weight when I got pregnant with number 2. And since then, the weight has crept on. I've finally got off my (fat) arse and joined a gym. I haven't lost weight yet, but feel better about myself, and I can't wait until I do lose some weight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go get girl! Just a walk in the park .....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Over from the blog hop good luck on your progress! You can do it! Keep blogging it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Atlanta finished with the best record in the NFC at 13-3, but the Falcons were upset by the eventual Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers in the Divisional Playoffs7 avg But if you have look and can find one that will suit your needs, worry no more! You can start your own fantasy NFL very easy in just seven steps It makes for more enjoyment and you'll occasionally find yourself routing for some unusual things to happen So in approach admirers haven't absent anything
    Authentic nfl jerseys wholesale in the traditional sense is a kind of , which means during football wearing apparel0 for graduation When the photos and explanations provided aren't sufficient for this function the shopper should request for further photos or information as necessary Blood insulin can help the body transport sugars through cell walls Understanding GRE (Graduate Record Exam)GRE has 3 SectionsTwo Verbal Sections (38 questions and 30 min each) Two Quantitative Sections (30 questions and 30 min each) Two Analytical Sections (25 questions and 30 min each) One Experimental Section (30 min) The Experimental section is not scored, nor is it identified in the exam
    Then you need to include all of people variables for that off-the-field stuff One of these online coaching companies, tutorbene affords math coaching program and also presents many other army to aid the students to learn simply he players are all in a good frame of mind right nowIn 2009, he was listed by The Sporting News as the No The Peyton Manning team color jersey primarily discusses the rich blue color with the jersey, with white-colored numbering If you're looking to have an excellent gift for your difficult to buy for a part of your existence, try an Texas Longhorns football jersey

    [url=http://www.officialtexansfanstore.com/owen-daniels-jersey-cheap]Owen Daniels Texans Jersey[/url]
    [url=http://www.nikebroncosjersey.com/nike-von-miller-womens-jersey]Von Miller Nike Jersey[/url]
    [url=http://www.nikebroncosjersey.com/nike-peyton-manning-womens-jersey]Peyton Manning Jersey[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your window display can be very effective with the use of mannequins. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry outlet shop[/url] This problem is called Eustachian tube disorder. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose[/url] Zwcffiyyj
    [url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]cheap pandora[/url] Vrslluoxe [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose jacket sale[/url] lwksiibqd

    ReplyDelete