Saturday, December 31, 2011

I Solemnly Swear: New Years Resolutions 2012

So its the last day of the year and its time to get reflective - on the year past and on whats ahead in the year to come. Its also the time when bazillions of people around the world choose to set themselves those very special New Years goals that we call resolutions - and i am one of those people. And because i'm also a blogger i get to share!

( I know i used this pic last year bit i love me some Calvin and Hobbes! )

The Conceptual Goal: as i explained last year this is the goal that has no real, measurable outcome - its more of an intangible. I've had a think about the what i've experienced this year, things i have seen and done and learnt that can be done in a better way in 2012 and i've come up with this as 2012's goal: to find the ability to trust, and to share of myself more readily with those whom i can accept into my circle. Ooh, all deep and meaningful. Basically, i have trust issues - that is, i trust very few people which means i can quite often be misinterpreted as being cold, or boring. I'm neither of those things, i've just been very badly burnt in the past when i've given wholly of myself and found that that trust has not been reciprocated. So this year i want to find it within myself to take that chance at trusting people, which means i will be able to open myself up to the opportunity of friendship more easily. And that can only be a good thing right?

The Physical Goal: So where the conceptual cant be measured, the physical of course is the one where everyone will be able to see whether i pass or fail. This year i actually have two: #1 to have a baby and #2 to establish a successful business. The first is kind of self explanatory. The second is what i hope for the business that Mick and I have bought ( and that we start running as of January 3rd - nervous! ) - i hope that we can at least match the finacial forecast that was given to us by the previous business owners, and establish a comfortable relationship with the existing clients. That to me would mean a " successful " year, and would give us the confidence to proceed as small business owners into the future.

How about you? What is on your agenda for 2012?

4 comments:

  1. I'm not really a resolution person, I tend to have a word for the year sort of like your conceptual goal. Last year it was 'home' but I haven't completely decided on the one for this year. I really hope you meet your goals Amy and that 2012 is everything you want it to be. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some excellent goals Amy, I wish you lots of luck with your business, self employment is hard work but extremely rewarding. My resolution is to clean up our diet, Ive been alot on the no additive bandwagon, but I want to go even harder this year, and also cut back on the takeaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I left an award for you on my blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on those goals. Sending you baby dust!

    ReplyDelete