Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day


Happy Obama Day everyone! It is around 8am in the morning here right now and I have been watching Inauguration coverage for the last hour. I just want to say:

I am so proud.

No, i'm not American. Barack Obama is not my new President. But i am proud that Americans have effected such a positive change during my generation. As much as some of us hate to admit it, the rest of the world looks to America as an example of guidance, an example of the way things should be done.

What a way to do it.

My congratulations go out to the new President and First Lady Obama, and my thanks to the American public for the courage and wisdom to put such a charismatic ( and surely to prove great ) man into Office. Here's hoping that he can lead your country to new glories, whilst at the same time providing positive change for the rest of the world.

2 comments:

  1. i'm waiting for the jury's response. We've had two years of buildup and hype. let's just see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I was pretty teary eyed yesterday! tears of happiness that is! :)

    ReplyDelete