Monday, January 12, 2009

Short and Sweet - Its Been On My Mind

Dear Dr S - Anaethetist,

What is up with you charging me so damn much for your services ? If I knew you were going to make me pay through the nose, I would have drunk myself into a stupor and knocked myself out. But i suppose its the old supply vs demand thing isnt it ?I needed the needle and you could supply that; however you dont need the money ( which i dont exactly have to supply ). Therefore, I'm going to pay you in installments - let you sweat on it a little.
How do you like them apples ?
Amy
___________________________________________________________________

Dear She Who Feels So Hard Done By,

You're joking, right? I hate to tell you, but you reap what you sow. How you could expect love after giving no affection, respect after years of thinly velied insults, and admiration without innovation is beyond me. Perhaps if you'd made all these efforts ten or fifteen years ago, the end result might have been different. As it stands, your probably better off cultivating relationships with the new little people in your life.
Better luck the second time around,
Amy
___________________________________________________________________

Dear P,

So glad you had a happy birthday! Thankyou for indulging my need to go out for brunch; sorry we got sunburnt. Also, thanks for taking me to see your neice - she is too gorgeous! I get so carried away in m own two neices, I forget how cute other peoples kids can be. My fingers are crossed that you have your own cute little kidlets by the end of this year.
I'll get back to you about my birthday wish list,
Amy
___________________________________________________________________

Dear Chadwick,

So good to hear from you! The best emails are the ones that come completely out of the blue - or the white, as it were, seeing as you've told me your snowed under up there in Canada. You need to get your arse down here to Australia and get yourself a tan. Although, as the public service ads here warn us " Tanning is skin cells in trauma ". I swear that ad makes me want tot throw up. But forget all that - we have to save some money and get our respective selves on another holiday. Seriously, you were the best travel buddy of the bunch.
Wanna hit up Morrocco ?
Amy
___________________________________________________________________
( Thanks to this post by Andy for the " short letters " idea ).

8 comments:

  1. Yay - an australian who likes to tan! and who likes brunch! can i come to australia and hang out with you please??? we can sunbathe and eat brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you can Paula! Although i gotta warn you... Australian sun is not like Scottish sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very therapeutic, right? I liked your letters...

    And I'll lay off Heath jokes for a bit, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Andy - very much so. And thank you - Heaths family and i would appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. waaahh waaaah waaah Heath never really was that good. I think all this hype about Batman is taking things a little too far. Sure, it was a good movie, only because of how bad the rest of 2008 was movie wise.

    and in other negative thoughts, your second letter...OUCH! I felt that kick in the teeth, how did she take it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Dash - no, it was a good movie because IT WAS A GOOD MOVIE. And she did not take it... these letters are hypothetical. Although, i think if she keeps going someone is going to be saying something quite similar to her sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that she was only ever hypothetical?| not sure io'm following you tehre. ir spelling welll. but who cres?

    ReplyDelete