Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Make Me Over!

I am a mummy in desperate need of a makeover! Dont get me wrong, i'm not all grungy and slovenly or anything, i'm just really tired of being the mum who throws her hair back in a ponytail everyday. Its not because i dont have time to do my hair ( though, of course, that may change a little when Miss Jelly finally arrives.... ) - even on days when i have hours to do my hair i still throw it up in a ponytail or a bun 99% of the time.

Not that there is anything wrong with a ponytail mind you - its just that since finding out i'm having a girl i've had this idea in my mind that i need to embrace my femininity more. Like if i'm going to be raising a girl, and being an example of womanhood to her, it might be nice to make just a bit more effort than i do now. Not that i want to be one of these mums you see out who have perfectly coiffed hair and a perfectly made up face either ( hell, we all know they did not just wake up like that, and frankly i do not have an hour or two to devote to my hair and makeup ). I just want something relatively easy, but not as lazy as a ponytail everyday.
                           
Maybe something like these cool mums....

So - i've decided the only way to force myself to make more of an effort is to cut my hair. I'm thinking i'm going to go for a bit of a choppy bob ( which i've had before, when growing out a pixie cut ) . I'll have to make an extra 10 minutes in my morning to straighten it, but i can always pin pieces back, or wear a headband or scarf, or leave it wavy to have different looks. I've booked myself a hair appointment for Saturday of the long weekend ( so i can be nice and new for my school reunion drinks that evening! ) so i have a week and bit left to ponder it some more and make the final decision.

So - is it just me or did anyone else out there feel like they needed/wanted to embrace their feminine side more when they found themselves with a daughter?


1 comment:

  1. For me it was just children in general, I felt a need to be a little more put together, I guess so I don't look like the harrassed mother that I actually am all the time!! After Ollie I got myself a stylish do also - but Im back to the good old practical pony again - i just got me a fringe to change it up somehow!!!

    ReplyDelete