Thursday, May 10, 2012

Waddle, Waddle, Waddle, Yeah!


Oh yes, you better believe it - at 24 weeks pregant I am well and truely getting my pregnant lady waddle on. I dont feel like my bump is overly huge yet but for some reason i find myself with a much sorer back and achier hips than when i was pregnant with Flynn... the combined effect of which is a nice little duck-like waddle.

Truth be told this is kind of a rant post. I dont mind waddling so much - its pretty much inevitable with pregnancy and actually helps other people to realise i'm not just getting chunky, i'm actually cooking a small human being in there. No, its the back ache that is really getting me down. I dont remember having an especially sore back until maybe the last few weeks of pregnancy the first time around. But this time? The burning, aching sensation up the right hand side of my back is enough to make me want to cry. Being right handed i of course do everything with my right hand and over-reaching/stretching with that arm is causing me to be in pain by the middle of the day. So far i've found that if i can lie down and rest on that side it feels better - but unless my employers let me install a daybed in the kitchen that isnt exactly an option at work.

So i guess the only thing this little pregnant duck can do is put up with it. Possibly with the help of some Panadol. Ooh - or i can possibly cross my fingers that Mick and Flynn get me a massage gift certificate for Mothers Day. Either way, i think the daily pain might be here to stay for roughly the next 100 days ( countdown til my due date is on! ) and i'll just have to live with it - although, as with all things pregnancy related, i reserve my right to have a whinge!

3 comments:

  1. Hell yeah - rant away! It's the only thing that keeps us mummy's on the sane side of the thin white line - the other side of which is complete insanity! lol
    I admit, I'm a lot achier this time around - I'm only 13 weeks but I feel like my pelvis is deliberately being painful :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rant away! I had loads of problems with my back for the whole of my pregnancy with Izzy and I used to make (yes, make) Rich give a massage on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one word for you my friend.

    Awakening.

    Get yourself an appt now.

    ReplyDelete