Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Oh lord, now i'm starting to count down....

I cant believe its almost the 8th day of the month and i've only made one post. What in the crap is up with that ? What have i been doing ? Truth be told, not s very much, but hey, it was a long weekend. I was content to sleep in, eat a late lunch, and watch bad cable tv. I introduced my father to " Date My Mom " and " Room Raiders " on MTV - i secretly think he liked them ( i'm sure i caught him watching that horrid soap " Passions " once ..... ).

So, now that the long weekend is over the next thing on my calendar that i'm looking forward to is my sisters 18th birthday in 17 days time. For those of you who dont know, 18 is the legal drinking age here in Australia so its the birthday where you get to go to a bar for the first time and get trashed with your friends and your older sister. Umm, i mean, you get taken out and shown how to drink responsibly. Of course thats what i mean. So everyone in our immediate family plus my best friend P is taking my sister out for dinner and then we're moving downstairs to the bar. I kind of like that my sister invited P, and i know P appreciates it to, seeing as she doesnt have a sister of her own. And, o0f course, my sister has friends of her own but she's going out with them the night after her birthday. She's chosen to go out with her family first ? Aint that sweet?

Anyhoo, i'm not sure why exactly i'm so looking forward to someone else's birthday. It is probably mostly because i havent been out since P's hens party ( the night of the Mary incident ). I mean, i went from going out every Saturday night, leaving the house at around 10:30am and getting home around 3am, to not going out at all for an entire 6 months. Its been a big jump and, to be honest, i've missed it sometimes. I've missed Mary's sisters ( lets call her MS ) friendship, for sure, but i've also just missed the atmosphere of a crowded bar, dj playing, people dancing, escaping the hot dance floor for some fresh outside. I wasnt like a disco diva or anything, i just liked being around so many people, even if i hardly knew any of them. I've missed sitting in MS's bedroom drinking a bottle of cheap champagne before we went out, gossiping and laughing our arses off. I've missed that.

So, come the evening of October 24th i'm going to put on a slinky dress, some cute heels, do my makeup all pretty like and i'm taking my sister out - for the photographic evidence please refer back here after that date, or find yourself my Facebook page....

5 comments:

  1. Glad you're back. I was wondering if you were abducted or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, Hurray! Something fun to look forward to. Go easy on your sister won't you? This being her first taste of alcohol and all ;-)
    Yeah right! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fun, fun. I can't wait until my sister is of legal age...21 here in the States. I've got a long time to wait. She's just 19.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Andy - nope, not abducted. I wish i could say i'd run off to Argentina to marry a tango instructor, but that hasnt happened either.

    @Steph - first taste of alcohol...sure it is. First taste of pub life yes, but alcohol, nt quite.

    @Teej - i couldnt go out for a drink on New Years the year i lived in the US because i was underage there... that sucked much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slinky dress!

    You know you HAVE to post pics now, right? Your bloggers demand it.

    ReplyDelete