Thursday, May 13, 2010

Baby, Baby...

Flynn and i hosted mothers group at our house this morning - and, to my delight, it actually went well. See, i had this dream last night that absolutely nobody turned up, so i was panicking just a little when, 15 minutes after the scheduled start time, nobody had arrived yet. But - phew!- people were just a little late because little babies dont like to let you get anywhere on time. They're either:
a) still sleeping when you need to go ( and you DO NOT wake them up )
b) needing a feed ( and you cant hurry a feed or bubs gets grumpy )
c) they do what is popularly known as a Number Three ( poo poo blowout! )
or d) its actually you running late because your just a frazzled new mum.

We only had a small group today ( Flynn and I and four other pairs ) but thats ok because I only have a small house. We live in a 2 bedroom duplex which, although its kinda on the small side, suits us just fine. For now. Lately i've been daydreaming about the time when we can get a bigger place - a house instead of a duplex - and ( gasp ) having another baby. Yep, Flynn is only four and half months old and i'm already daydreaming about another bubba. Is that weird? Even with the trouble he's been having with his digestion ( which we are going to see the paedatrician for on Monday... ) the last four months have just been such a delight, i cant imagine having only one. And i've always wanted to have at least two, possibly three. Of course, when i mentioned all this to Mick he kind of went white.... thinking about another baby so soon kind of sends dudes into an internal mini-meltdown.

So watching my son interact relatively well with other babies ( i say relatively because he did have a little sook for a while there ) - the little people we already refer to as his friends - just makes me think what it would be like having two kids to look after. Two boys or one of each? How jealous would Flynn get? Would he be a good helper? Is he gonna share? Lord, the things that go through my head and, in reality, another baby is at least 2 years into the future. One thing i know for sure - that bubba is gonna be loved....

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Your 4 reasons why new moms are late is 100% accurate. And I don't think it gets any better the older the kids get - the reasons may change as to why you're late, but you're still late. I think it is only natural to wonder what two would be like. I say go for it (when the time is right)! My son was only 4 mo old when I got preggers w/ my daughter. You make it work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ALWAYS late. Always. I've tried to write appointments down for earlier times to trick myself. Does not work.

    A boppy is a U-Shaped nursing pillow. It fits around your waist so you can comfortably hold baby while you nurse. You can also use it for tummy time and just plain old floor time. My hubby enjoys laying on it to watch TV. I am IN LOVE with our boppy. I'm surprised they don't have them there.

    ReplyDelete