Monday, January 21, 2013

( Birthday) Girl Crushin'

Yay - today actually is my birthday! And remember when you were a young kid and to celebrate you got to have a sweet birthday party? And if you'd been really good and asked nicely and nagged enough you got to have a slumber party? Slumber parties were the best kind of parties a young girl could wish for - a bunch of your best girlfriends, some movies ( on VHS ), some chocolate and lollies and chips and lots of Coke in an effort to stay up all night long! ( Clearly our parents weren't overly concerned about childhood obesity back then.... ) Point is, slumber parties were awesome, and they were only super awesome when all your best friends were there. And what are best friends if not your favourite girl crushes?

So, in the spirit of the slumber party - and because this is my blog, and its my birthday and I'll fantasise if I want to - I present to you a list of celebrities that I have a bit of a girl crush on, and that would so totally be invited to my ( completely hypothetical ) slumber party this year!

1. Keira Knightley - its probably partly because I have a girl crush on her version of Elizabeth Bennett, but I love Keira. Every interview with her I've ever read she comes across as completely down to earth and self-deprecating. Plus she has gooooorgeous clothes - and you know that if we were anywhere near the same clothing size she would totally let you borrow them!


2. Jennifer Lawrence - Jennifer is my newest girl crush to my list. I think I like her so much because she's all legs and boobs and womanly curves and proud of it. Plus, I've seen a few interviews with her now and she's a bit hilarious. I reckon she'd be the girlfriend who'd appreciate a drink, a dirty joke and a cheeky perve on the opposite sex!


3. Zooey Deschanel - I feel like Zooey would totally get all my little quirks and idiosyncrasies. I mean, she is pretty much the poster girl quirk ( or ' manic pixie ' as I've heard her described ) and i'm totally going on the assumption that the real Zooey isn't that far removed from her character of Jess on " The New Girl ". ( Also, can't Jess and Nick get together already? ) Oh, and you should totally check out the blog/e-zine she helped create, HelloGiggles .....


4. Anne Hathaway - I feel like Anne is one of these actresses who really polarise people.... You either love her or you hate her. I come down firmly on the side of 'love'. I think she's funny, and vibrant and after her accidental, lady parts flashing ' wardrobe malfunction ', I think she proved herself very classy. Doesn't every good group of girlfriends need a bit of class?

So there you be - my celebrity girl crushes. Now if only they lived closer, were a few sizes bigger so I could borrow their clothes and, oh yea, if only they actually KNEW ME.
So who are you girl crushing on? And would you come to my slumber party if I asked?

Linking up again this week with EssentiallyJess for I Blog On Tuesdays!

15 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! My Birthday is on Thursday and if I were to have a slumber party I would love to invite any or all of those lovely ladies, too. Of course, my wife might object... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm... Yea.... You might wanna check with your wife first!

      Delete
  2. I'd go to your slumber party. :)

    Girl crushes. Don't laugh, mkay?

    Michelle Obama. She is all kinds of awesome. She seems warm and funny and down to earth. But SO smart and strong and focused. I'd love to be her friend.

    Anne Hathaway. I don't get the hate thing. I've only recently discovered that there is a love/hate thing. I just thought everyone loved her. Do you know what the issue is? As in, what people don't like about her? Because I think she's great. I want to play scrabble with her - I heard her say she loves playing scrabble. But I'd have to boot Joel out of the house, because Anne Hathaway is Joel's 'freebie'.

    Hillary Clinton. I feel like she'd be snarky - and therefore appreciate my snark. :) Also whip smart and strong.

    Jennifer Garner. I don't know what it is. It's not a "Oh, she's so hot" thing {not for any of these}. Just a "I'd love to be besties with her". Just seems down to earth and lovely. Gracious.

    Maybe Drew Barrymore or Reese Witherspoon or Beyonce Knowles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get the hating on Anne Hathaway either - I think she's awesome!

      Delete
  3. Dude, I would be at your slumber party in a heartbeat!

    I would love to go to a slumber party with Tina Fey, I love her so much. And I am totally with you on the Jennifer Lawrence crush, Love her! Jennifer Garner would also be at the very top of my wish list because she is the bomb and I have been seriously in love with her since she was in Alias, one of my all time fave tv shows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if j live under a rock or something but I haven't seen much of Tina Fey. What I have seen I've liked, but I never stayed up late for '30 Rock ' and I don't have pay TV so don't see Saturday Night Live....

      Delete
  4. I love Keira's version of Elizabeth Bennett too!! Zooey would also be on my list, I am always waiting for Jess and Nick to get together!! The lady who plays Gloria on Modern Family, she seems hilarious, I think we could add some laughs to a slumber party!! X Karen #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sofia Vergara? I've seen an interview with her on Ellen and she was very funny!

      Delete
  5. Oh yes, I'll come to your slumber party, and I'll bring Chrissie Swan....fabulous! Happy Birthday
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd ask Charlize Theron, totally hot and talented. Happy Birthday! Emily @ Have a laugh on me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annabel Crabb - I want to be her when I grow up. Otherwise Dita Von Teese - what a wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would totally come to your slumber party. I remember freezing someones bras and hanging out in the highschool at night and meeting up with boys though when I was last at one :/ Love all your choices, wouldn't it be cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday Amy!! I would definitely come to your par-tay. I think I would ask Nigella. I am currently obsessed. Well It's not a new thing really!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Zooey! Even though I don't like the stupid spelling of her name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, and happy (very belated) birthday!x

    ReplyDelete